PMP Certification in India – Online Registration, Validity, and Syllabus
Regardless of your industry or geographical scope of operation, the Project Management Professional or PMP Certification in India is a globally acknowledged certification. Your PMP certification can be leveraged in each industry at any location via any methodology. Also, the Project Management Professional (PMP) has been chosen hugely for its worldwide appeal.
You not only get a professional advantage via PMP certification, but it also provides you with salary benefits. According to the Earning Power Salary Survey, holders with PMP certification get a higher salary. Also, a PMP holder’s salary is 20 per cent higher as compared to people who don’t have PMP certification.
Why PMP Certification in India is Crucial for Project Managers?
- PMP certification reveals project management’s current standards, best practices, trends, and techniques, etc. You become able for PM postings in various fields, like Business processing, research, commerce, and, more.
- It allows you to perform better when exposed to the latest technologies which can help you with project management. So, the standards set for the PMP examination are higher than other projects which provides you with the best practices set.
- PMP certification in India is a must-have credential nowadays. Hence, companies are appointing the certified PMs more by realizing the importance of PMP certification to win businesses.
- In today’s competitive job market, PMP certification helps you to become noticeable by highlighting your skills, knowledge, credentials, and more.
- PMP certification states that you understand the global language in the case of project management. Also, with PMP certification, you are able to connect, globally, with the professionals, organizations, and community. With a huge network, your career moves up with a faster rate.
- Also, PMP certification makes you a game changer with a choice to join a firm with various opportunities. And you are able to create and assess a team for a specific assignment or project.
- PMP demands expertise in order to clear the exam and validates your skills. Hence, it opens the door to accept projects and opportunities that are more challenging.
PMP Certification Online:
The PMP Certification Online process involves the following steps:
Meet Eligibility Norms
It is compulsory to meet one or both domain experience or education levels, in order to apply for the PMI Certification. Every applicant is required to provide the work experience, qualification and/or education details. Every certificate is groomed separately.
Hence, for the concerned certification, it’s crucial to refer the handbook to investigate its eligibility criteria.
Online Application for PMP Certification
Once an applicant meets the eligibility norms, he/she can register for the certification. Hence, in order to complete the application process, compile the below:
- Contact information: This includes Email ID, Residential Address, and phone no.
- Education: The highest degree achieved, Degree dates, etc.
- Domain experience: Projects & portfolios with Qualifying hours, Programs, Employment Role & dates, Organization details, References, etc.
- Domain education: This includes Courses completed & Dates, Qualifying hours, and Institution details.
Evaluating the application
PMI will run a verification (after receiving your application) if you are eligible or not. Also, your domain experience and educational information validity will also be verified via the guidelines in the handbook. The process of application review may take from 5 to 10 days, as per the certification. After the process, an email will let you know about the next step. Also, any issues or queries will be addressed through email, in regards to your application.
In the case of auditing applicants, the evaluation will be done for a particular percentage. Moreover, an in-depth audit is organized in order to enhance the credibility of the certification programme, and holders. The verification of the claimed experience, as well as education documents, is conducted.
Also, for the applicants of (PgMP)® and (PfMP)®, the applications will go through an extra panel review step. Herein, an additional PMI certification holders panel will be assessing your domain experience in order to check your qualification.
Remittance for Test
Once the application is approved, you will receive a notification regarding the payment process. You can pay faster via the online certification system of PMI. So, once the payment is collected, you will be sent an eligibility number via email. You can use this eligibility number to schedule your test appointment.
Appointment for Test
Excluding CAPM, the Certification tests can be carried on testing sites of Prometric worldwide. Also, you will have to register and schedule a test appointment on prometric.com/PMI by providing the eligibility number.
CAPM examination gets conducted on the testing site. Also, you can enrol for an online-invigilated exam via Pearson VUE. You can enrol by accessing your MyPMI account, and more.
PMP Certification Validity:
Every cycle of the PMP certification in India is valid for 3 years. Also, during these years you will have to earn 60 Professional Development Units (PDUs) in order to renew your certification. After completing a cycle, another cycle of 3 years begins.
PMP Certification Syllabus:
PMP examination depends on the PMP Exam Specification describing the tasks out of 5 Performance Domains:
- Initiating the project
- Planning the project
- Executing the project
- Monitoring and controlling the project
- Closing the project
The examination comes with 200 MCQ’s mentioned against this specification. Here we have 10 areas of project management knowledge connected to the 5 process groups:
- Integration Management
- Scope Management
- Time Management
- Cost Management
- Quality Management
- Human Resource Management
- Communications Management
- Risk Management
- Procurement Management
- Stakeholder Management